Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Defiance and Mutuality

 Defiance…oh, defiance. There is a part of my personality that is deeply defiant. If someone goes out of their way to say not to do something,  that is the first things I want to do. And, many times I may even agree with the said person’s reasoning, but when it is presented in an authoritarian “I am in charge” kind of way, I will do the opposite. Why? Because I believe conversation is superior to demands and love is better than manipulation.

 

So, there here it is. I am blogging during the time that I was told only to listen and take notes. I am blogging during the time that I was told to stay off the internet.

 

That gets me to the point. I love living in respectful and loving relationship with people. I love developing friendships where mutuality is the key and reverence for the God within each person, the imago dei (the image of God) in each of us.

What about you?

No comments: